Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gummi Bears

O.k. I admit it. I'm a gummi bear snob. Can't stand the ones from the candy store next door to the movie theater or the drug store. Won't touch the worms. My favorites are these Haribo Gold Bears. Their texture is just right, they've got good flavor, and they aren't so sticky that they'll pull a filling out. Yes, I catch the irony of that statement-- if I hadn't eaten so many maybe I'd have fewer fillings to worry about-- but trust me, it's worth it. I can't buy the big bags though, because I'll eat them all and ruin a good thing. I can find them in wee 2 oz. bags. Just right.

3 comments:

  1. i completely agree. its haribo or bust for me when it comes to gummis. they are perfect. if i buy a big bag, i consume it in about 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Any chance you saw the blog post wherein the blogger sorted them by color, melted them down, and poured them back into cleaned out bear shaped honey jars? Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bad history with honey bears. See http://kea-norhymeorreason.blogspot.com/2009/02/poor-little-honey-bear.html. Love the idea though.

    ReplyDelete